As the title already indicates, for this project I was asked to improvise on a dominant. The given task was, to hold a piece (played on the piano) on its dominant for as long as possible, without it getting boring. Furthermore, it was suggested in my study-folder, that, if possible I could change the key signature, to keep the piece entertaining.
For this piece, I started with the dominant of G-minor, which is D-major. To make a transition from one key signature to another as easy as possible, I continued with the dominant of B-flat-major, E-flat. (B-flat is the relative key to G-minor, so I didn’t have to change the key signatures).